Quality in the Automotive Sector
Modular quality management solutions for your industry
A car is made up of approximately 10,000 individual parts and round about 40 different materials. In order to ensure that both quality and safety are maintained throughout every assembly and all parts work together faultlessly, sophisticated quality management is an absolute necessity. It therefore comes as no surprise that probably no other industry has done so much for the evolution of quality assurance and the standardization of processes in the past century, as the automotive industry has.
From APQP to SPC
This focus on quality led to the introduction of quality systems throughout the automotive sector which are primarily governed by quality standards such as ISO 9001 and IATF 16949. Maintaining these complex systems and their associated tools, however, is difficult with pen and paper or MS Excel solutions alone. Our CAQ.Net® software is tailor-made to meet these requirements as it offers everything that is needed for sophisticated quality assurance and management from APQP, Control Plan, SPC, and inspection planning to initial sample inspections, gauge management, or the risk management tool FMEA.
Software for More Efficiency
The automotive sector is subject to a number of strict market factors such as an ever more globalized theatre of production and distribution, rapid model changes, safety and environmental constraints, fuel efficiency efforts, and increasingly aggressive levels of international competition. All these factors create a global marketplace in which the quality of the finished product is of paramount importance. This is where our CAQ.Net® software comes into play and provides the perfect system with which to facilitate success in the difficult, highly competitive, and rapidly changing automotive environment. CAQ.Net®’s portfolio provides everything that is required for sophisticated quality management as well as the necessary tools to achieve and uphold pertinent certifications.
IATF 16949 and QS 9000
Practising quality management with CAQ.Net® essentially incorporates the best techniques and guidelines that the automotive world has to offer: from the German VDA with its variety of VDA volumes and the QDX file format via the US-American QS 9000 with its APQP, FMEA, and production control plans to the Japanese quality and production concepts such as Kaizen, Jidoka, Kanban and Poka Yoke with their Ishikawa diagrams and 5-Why techniques. Most notably, CAQ.Net® facilitates perfect adherence to the IATF 16949 standard. This standard was born from the US-American QS 9000 and is structurally based on the ISO 9001. It harmonizes the individual regulations of the various international automobile organizations and is used by approximately 30 percent of all international carmakers, including all major German carmakers.
Data Transparency and Central Quality Control
One of the main factors for being able to successfully uphold the regulations of the IATF 16949, is data transparency. With CAQ.Net® said transparency is achieved by having instant access to all data relating to the quality assurance procedures along the entire production chain. This means that, for instance, data from complaints can be used directly during inspection planning, locked gauges cannot be used for inspections, and the FMEA is connected directly to the production control plan. The entire quality management system is monitored via a central quality control module. It allows the user to select individual persons, customers, suppliers, articles, machines, or processes and receive precise, real-time feedback regarding the data of the selected entity from throughout the entire system.
Connected to the ERP-System
With CAQ.Net®, the idea of data transparency does not stop at the CAQ-system, as the CAQ-system is also connected directly to the ERP-system. A standard interface transfers master and dynamic data between the two systems. This means that all article master data is synchronized and that incoming goods inspections are automatically logged on in the CAQ-system as soon as new incoming goods are registered by the ERP-system. The direct communication between the two systems thereby greatly increases the overall process efficiency in the company.
Decades of Experience in the Automotive Sector
CAQ AG has thirty years of experience in the field of computer aided quality assurance and quality management. Our first customers included a variety of manufacturers from the automotive sector. Over the decades we have continued to support said customers in the implementation and maintenance of our standard-compliant software solution and many of these customer relationships have since developed into knowledge sharing partnerships. These partnerships allow us to continuously improve our product and rapidly adapt to changing industry demands.
The resulting target/actual comparison between CAQ.Net® and the most current requirements by manufacturers in the automotive sector, means that our customers are always in command of a cutting-edge software solution that allows professional, efficient, and standard-compliant quality management.
A holistic Management Solution
Successful quality assurance and management in the automotive sector requires an all-inclusive management solution that covers all quality-related facets from product design to complaint management and safeguards consistent compliance and traceability. This solution must incorporate all aspects of quality management and facilitate the adherence to valid standards and guidelines. This solution is CAQ.Net®: your all-inclusive management solution for the automotive sector.
- Certified compliance with DIN EN ISO 9001, IATF 16949, QS 9000, VDA, IATF
- Bidirectional integration into a vast variety of IT-systems
- APQP: production control plan with integrated FMEA, process flowchart, control plan, PPAP, and status report
- Automatic control plans based on the FMEA and inspection plan
- Standard compliant inspection plans for incoming goods, SPC, and outgoing goods
- Sample plans in accordance with e.g. ISO 2859/3951 or Skip-Lot
- Multi-language-capability for master and dynamic data
- Escalation management for action and due-date tracking
- SPC with machine and process capabilities (Pm/Pmk, Pp/Ppk, Cp/Cpk)
- Consistent implementation of PDCA and Kaizen in a cross-modular cycle of control
- Qualification matrix for monitoring employee training measures
- Traceability down to the individual measurement value
- 8D-Reports including root cause analysis via Ishikawa diagrams and 5-Why method
- Integrated supplier management and web-based supplier evaluation functions
- Cross-modular linkage of articles, article groups, processes, documents, inspection plans, etc.
- Change management with cross-departmental change workflows
- Online data exchange via OEM supplier portals and VDA QDX-format
- Initial sample reports in accordance with QS 9000 (PPAP) and VDA (PPF)
- CAD inspection planning with automatic stamping of drawing characteristics
- Gauge capability examinations with MSA and VDA 5 proof of capability
- FMEA in accordance with VDA and QS 9000
- System, internal, customer, and supplier audits as well as process audits in accordance with VDA 6.3
- Control and monitoring of customer specific requirements
- And much more