Quality in the Electronics Sector
Modular Quality Management Solutions
The electronics industry generates the devices that are required for our everyday needs such as light, warmth, mobility, and communication. From simple light switches to whole data centers or energy-intensive production facilities: volt, watt, and ampere are major parameters in our globalized information age.
A variety of rules and regulations in the electronics sector address the safety of electronic devices. This comes as no surprise, as only one poorly isolated cable can suffice to seriously injure a person. Because even though electronic devices bring countless benefits for humanity, they are nonetheless still powered by dangerous electric currents. Safety in turn, is best achieved by ensuring a consistent level of quality. Quality and not merely pricing is increasingly often becoming the decisive factor in all corners of the electronics sector from the fast-paced consumer electronics to the rapidly expanding alternative energy industry.
Quality Management for the Electronics Industry
We offer our many customers in the household and industrial electronics sectors modular and scalable quality management solutions that allow them to ensure the quality and safety of their products even within large production volumes, rapid product lifecycles, and international cross-border production lines.
CAQ.Net® contains a whole host of invaluable functions for the just-in-time world of the electronics sector including incoming/outgoing goods inspections, supplier management, and complaint processing. Of course traceability and batch management functions are also part of CAQ.Net®’s repertoire – these allow you to comprehensively document the production, application, or storage/movement of all your products.
Within today’s information technology, there are few aspects that are as important as the effective and efficient interaction between different systems: the bidirectional exchange of information is an absolute necessity in order to be able to conduct successful data management. CAQ.Net® is a management system that fluently communicates with other IT-systems and facilitates the mutual transfer of data. Hence, with CAQ.Net®, the idea of data transparency does not stop at the CAQ-system, as the CAQ-system is also connected directly to the ERP-system. A standard interface transfers master and dynamic data between the two systems. This means that all article master data is synchronized and that incoming goods inspections are automatically logged on in the CAQ-system as soon as new incoming goods are registered by the ERP-system. The direct communication between the two systems thereby greatly increases the overall process efficiency in the company.
Increasing Revenue by Fulfilling Standards
In order to be fit for the future, there is no way around the application of powerful and fully integratable software solutions. Apart from assisting in the fulfilment of official quality standards (the resulting certification itself being of an unspecified monetary value), the application of innovative CAQ.Net® solutions also contributes to an overall increase in process efficiency and company revenue. What is often conveniently underestimated is that quality itself is an aspect of great importance for the financial wellbeing of a company. The reasons are simple: it is more economical to prevent errors than it is to subsequently remove them. Bad quality leads to unhappy customers and unhappy customers lead to missed opportunities. Missed opportunities in turn lead to a loss of revenue.
Decades of Experience
CAQ AG has over thirty years of experience in the field of computer aided quality assurance and quality management. Our first customers included a variety of manufacturers from within the electronics sector. Over the decades we have continued to support said customers in the implementation and maintenance of our standard-compliant software solutions and many of these customer relationships have since developed into knowledge sharing partnerships. These partnerships allow us to continuously improve our product and rapidly adapt to changing industry demands.
The resulting target/actual comparison between CAQ.Net® and the most current requirements by manufacturers in this sector, means that our customers are always in command of a cutting-edge software solution that allows professional, efficient, and standard-compliant quality management.
A Holistic Management Solution
Successful quality assurance and management in the electronics sector requires an all-inclusive management solution that covers all quality-related facets from product design to complaint management and safeguards consistent compliance and traceability. This solution must incorporate all aspects of quality management and facilitate the adherence to valid standards and guidelines. This solution is CAQ.Net®: your all-inclusive management solution for the electronics sector.
- Bidirectional integration into a vast variety of IT-systems
- Graphic evaluation planning with statistic and analysis functions
- CAD inspection planning with automatic stamping of drawing characteristics
- Optimized for usage on touchscreens
- Traceability down to the individual measurement value
- inspection plans for incoming goods, SPC, and outgoing goods
- Consistent implementation of PDCA and Kaizen in a cross-modular cycle of control
- Integrated supplier management and web-based supplier evaluation functions
- Qualification matrix for monitoring employee training measures
- Complaint management with cost analysis functions
- Root cause analysis via Ishikawa diagrams and 5-Why method
- SPC with machine and process capabilities (Pm/Pmk, Pp/Ppk, Cp/Cpk)
- Automatic control plans based on the FMEA and inspection plan
- Change management with cross-departmental change workflows
- Multi-language-capability for master and dynamic data
- Form generator for designing customized forms
- Escalation management for action and due-date tracking
- Workflow-management and assessment of action effectiveness
- Online/offline audit and checklist management
- Cross-modular linkage of articles, article groups, processes, documents, inspection plans, etc.
- User-specific access control
- Sophisticated system-wide document management functions
- And much more