Quality in the Metalworking Industry
Modular Quality Management Solutions
Metalworking encompasses a broad set of industries ranging from heavy industry to precision mechanics. Whereas in some areas of metalworking, steel is beaten into shape by gigantic hammers or melted down and poured to make parts that weigh several tonnes, other areas focus on precision parts that are crafted with tolerances of just a few micrometres. Whether dealing with the sheer power of the heavy industries or the obsession for detail found in precision mechanics, there is one fact that all metalworking companies have in common: the quality must be right.
Consistently Ensure and Document Quality
The CAQ.Net® solutions provide everything you need for consistently maintaining quality in all metalworking industries. Regardless of whether the material you work with is subject to EN 10020, EN 1706, ISO/TC 79/SC 11, or a different materials standard: using CAQ.Net® solutions means you can rest assured that you have a partner at your side, who knows the ins and outs of your industry.
Broad Range of Customers
Our broad range of customers include companies who deal with investment/centrifugal/die/sand/shell and spin casting, bulk/sheet forming, cutting techniques like milling/turning/threading/grinding or filing , and joining techniques such as welding/brazing/soldering and riveting. The products our customers produce range from precision cogwheels to entire train parts or girders.
We successfully support our customers within the effective implementation of IATF 16949, ISO 9001, or ISO 13485 and all other matters relevant to the management of their product quality. Whether the inclusion of CAD-drawings, FMEAs, or the processing of complaints: CAQ.Net® provides precisely the functions you require in order to forge your personal quality management system.
Within today’s information technology, there are few aspects that are as important as the effective and efficient interaction between different systems: the bidirectional exchange of information is an absolute necessity in order to be able to conduct successful data management. CAQ.Net® is a management system that fluently communicates with other IT-systems and facilitates the mutual transfer of data. Hence, with CAQ.Net®, the idea of data transparency does not stop at the CAQ-system, as the CAQ-system is also connected directly to the ERP-system. A standard interface transfers master and dynamic data between the two systems. This means that all article master data is synchronized and that incoming goods inspections are automatically logged on in the CAQ-system as soon as new incoming goods are registered by the ERP-system. The direct communication between the two systems thereby greatly increases the overall process efficiency in the company.
Increasing Revenue by Fulfilling Standards
In order to be fit for the future, there is no way around the application of powerful and fully integratable software solutions. Apart from assisting in the fulfilment of official quality standards (the resulting certification itself being of an unspecified monetary value), the application of innovative CAQ.Net® solutions also contributes to an overall increase in process efficiency and company revenue. What is often conveniently underestimated is that quality itself is an aspect of great importance for the financial wellbeing of a company. The reasons are simple: it is more economical to prevent errors than it is to subsequently remove them. Bad quality leads to unhappy customers and unhappy customers lead to missed opportunities. Missed opportunities in turn lead to a loss of revenue.
Decades of Experience
CAQ AG has over thirty years of experience in the field of computer aided quality assurance and quality management. Our first customers included a variety of manufacturers from within the metalworking industry. Over the decades we have continued to support said customers in the implementation and maintenance of our standard-compliant software solution and many of these customer relationships have since developed into knowledge sharing partnerships. These partnerships allow us to continuously improve our product and rapidly adapt to changing industry demands.
The resulting target/actual comparison between CAQ.Net® and the most current requirements by manufacturers in this sector, means that our customers are always in command of a cutting-edge software solution that allows professional, efficient, and standard-compliant quality management.
A Holistic Management Solution
Successful quality assurance and management in the metalworking industry requires an all-inclusive management solution that covers all quality-related facets from product design to complaint management and safeguards consistent compliance and traceability.
This solution must incorporate all aspects of quality management and facilitate the adherence to valid standards and guidelines. This solution is CAQ.Net®: your all-inclusive management solution for the metalworking industry.
- Bidirectional integration into a vast variety of IT-systems
- Graphic evaluation planning with statistic and analysis functions
- CAD inspection planning with automatic stamping of drawing characteristics
- Traceability down to the individual measurement value
- Inspection plans for incoming goods, SPC, and outgoing goods
- Consistent implementation of PDCA and Kaizen in a cross-modular cycle of control
- Integrated supplier management and web-based supplier evaluation functions
- Qualification matrix for monitoring employee training measures
- Sample plans in accordance with e.g. ISO 2859/3951 or Skip-Lot
- Control and monitoring of customer specific requirements
- SPC with machine and process capabilities (Pm/Pmk, Pp/Ppk, Cp/Cpk)
- Automatic control plans based on the FMEA and inspection plan
- Change management with cross-departmental change workflows
- Multi-language-capability for master and dynamic data
- Form generator for designing customized forms
- Escalation management for action and due-date tracking
- Workflow-management and assessment of action effectiveness
- Online/offline audit and checklist management
- Cross-modular linkage of articles, article groups, processes, documents, inspection plans, etc.
- User-specific access control
- Sophisticated system-wide document management functions
- Optimized for usage on touchscreens
- And much more