FS [Success] Key Performance Indicators Systems, BSC, Agreement of Objectives, EFQM
Performance Measurements, Balanced Scorecard, and Agreement of Objectives within the Framework of EFQM: Correct and appropriate performance indicators are important in order to manage a business effectively, recognize discrepancies early, and initiate improvement processes quickly and most effectively. Additionally, there are requirements of the standards ISO 9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949:2002 regarding the verification of the effectiveness of the entire value-added chain of an integrated management system.
FS [Success] is not a new control tool or a quick-fix for the existing chaos of too many indicators. No! FS [Success] represents a management tool which provides you with a framework to fit your organization’s strategy into a tight network consisting of concise, quantifiable factors for success, in order to express your company mission and business strategy. Defined practical key indicators and control parameters, in the value-added chain, have the purpose of implementing strategic inputs quickly and efficiently and allowing for control of these inputs in all areas of organization. Static performance indicators tombs are already too numerous!
With FS [Success] you are able to check online, at all times, defined key performance indicators with an integrated management system. You also have the ability to take corrective actions in specific areas with the support of a comprehensive workflow and action management system made possible through CAQ AG Factory Systems software modules.
FS [Success] offers you the opportunity to gain a management system with an appropriate agreement of objectives system, from management down to the lowest level. With FS [Success] you are supporting an agreement of objectives system based on strict practical experience. FS [Success] supports you with definitions, planning, acquisition, evaluation, target-group visualizations as well as reporting of key performance indicators and agreements of objectives.
With FS [Success] you are able to integrate key performance indicators based on current standards and systems, based on practical experience and customized to fit your specific type of business and implement these permanently into a comprehensive management information system. Key performance indicators, which show your company’s quality and/or business excellence are displayed in a straightforward manner and automatically monitored.
Business practices often reveal a confusing flood of data when dealing with key performance indicators. Performance measurements often relate data which are unimportant, not comparable with one another; they fail to represent the current state of things. Goals may have changed the basis of the data are not valid any more, or concessions had to be made in data processing due to the flood of collected data. This results in at least a partial loss of relevance for key performance indicators which aim to control success.
Approach to Performance Indicators, Agreement of Objectives, and Implementation of FS [Success]
This is where FS [Success] comes into play: Custom-define your most important key performance indicators to fit your business objectives. For example, define three factors for one key performance indicator relating to critical processes, such as
- Quality and processing matters (processing costs, throughput and waiting times, inventory costs, audit systems, reaction times, and accomplishments in action and escalation management, etc.)
- Fiscal concerns (total revenue, return of investment, account evaluations, etc.)
- Customer and market perspectives (customer satisfaction, complaints, sales units, QFD quality function deployment, etc.)
- Innovation and training issues (employee satisfaction, qualifications, degree of innovation, etc.)
Name: Verlauf Cpk-Werte in Linie 4 bei Sicherheitsmerkmalen
Grouping: Daily, during production
Display: Line graph with range of dispersion for minimum/average/maximum values
Goal Definition: Beginning target value at least 1.33 beginning 04.01.06, increase in target value by 0.1 linear per month
RYG Chart: Yes
Database: Automated from FS [CAQ-Compact], cpk value accumulated according to production site = “line 4”, characteristics class = “safety characteristic”
Reported via: E-mail with text and chart attachment
Reported to: QM@Mustermann.de, GF@Mustermann.de, Sales@Mustermann.de
After you have defined this example performance indicator, you can analyze this value graphically, view the course of actual values, and compare the measurements with target values. Or simply distribute this key performance indicator periodically via a comprehensive status report and leave it up to FS [Success] to automatically contact you via e-mail, on your PDA, or cell phone when infractions relating to target values occur.
Integrated Warning System with Action and Escalation Management
You can define key performance indicators relating to all stored values and numbers. For example, “number of rejections for specific products”, “percentage of defective goods in specific areas”, “rejection rate for manufactured items”, “rework rate for customer X”, “number of machine downtime”, “number/rate of set-ups”, “number of audits”, “number of open FMEA points”, “employee training rate for Q-motivation”, “ target-date violations for outstanding actions”, “non-conformance rate in process X in production area Y”, are grouped or accumulated according to any given time periods, rejection costs, etc. The sky is the limit when it comes to possibilities. And the best part is, that once you have defined your data, FS [Success] reevaluates your data periodically in the background so to correspond with additional available data, monitors your target values, and informs you immediately if target values are violated.
Customized Definitions as Well as Custom Entries of Data Not Saved Previously
You can define values which are not yet entered into your CAQ database manually as well as establish links to other databases. You can charge certain performance indicators against other indicators and create, based on these results, new performance indicators. You can link these performance indicators with target values and automatically send out notices to previously defined target recipients when these values are violated.
Overview of Highlights
- Practical relevance
- Standard-compliant, satisfying all requirements as well as control of process steps according to ISO 9001:2000, ISO/TS 16949:2002, QS 9000, VDA 6
- Diverse options in data processing, display,
evaluation, and reporting
- Data gathering for quality performance indicators
- Quality control with analysis
- Database-based drill down function
- Continuous quality control
- Strategic quality control with BSC Balanced Scorecard
- Improvement process and success monitoring with performance indicators
- Visualizations and reports focused on necessary actions and target groups
- Determination of agreement of objectives
- Monitoring and forecasting
- Action management with due-date monitoring
- Individualized task and activity lists for all parties involved, including documentation of job progress and measurement of success
- Due-date monitoring with target vs. actual result comparison with escalation management
- Comprehensive information via Gantt diagrams and RYG charts
- Integrated data exchange with peripheral systems as well as formats, such as MS Office, XML, and full integration into all installed CAQ AG Factory Systems software modules
- Networking of all quality assurance related actions and tasks
- Status reports at the push of a button
- Creating automatic reports at regular intervals
- Individualized evaluations and reports
- Web-based software to allow for Internet and Intranet access
- And many more